Saturday 26 February 2011

Bye To Chennai and Hi To Pune !!

Friends,

The recent development in my career has made me to take a decision to leave chennai and move to Pune. On one hand I'm extremely happy with this development, while on the other hand its as if im moving out of my home town even though Chennai wasn't. This city has a magic of it's own though not as effective as that of Mumbai (which always remains as my first love).

First impression of Chennai was never good, as it tends to bog you down with its humid and dry climate, but when you start spending time over here you begin to realise the true aura of this place. U get everything at a cheaper rate than any place in India (at least when compared to other metros in India) and high availability of public transport at any time or at any point on a given day is truly comforting. If the "too conservative" nature of this city is a let down then the humble and down to earth natured locals are its great assets.

My travel across cities in India started from Mumbai , Gurgaon, Bangalore, Pune , Chennai and eventually Pune again in search of a good career option. I believe I carry the sentiments of half a billion young Indians who are in search of a good life in this fast growing democracy. Its not just the demographies of these various cities but even the type of people found in each of these cities are quite contrast in nature except for the fact that they all want to jump into the bandwagon of growing India. Before I venture into a social topic such as India's development, let me do justice to this post by getting back to the core subject.

You normally consider yourself to be very lucky or.fortunate if you end up getting your preferred job at your preferred location, but believe me it doesn't take much time for you to start romanticizing with your temporary options and probably even consider them to be the permanent one. It is a common human tendency that when you dream for something and it takes longer to fulfill, you tend to accept the reality as it is and start being happy with it. Also you start finding the commonalities between your dream and reality. Well I may sound crazy with these words but believe me thats the way it happens. Perhaps in my case it was little different - the dream didn't take much longer to fulfill and I'm still stuck to my dream come true experience.

I never liked Chennai but my stay over here for 6 months started with disappointment so much so that any little incident which went my way made me happier, like getting a 50% discount on a Arrow shirt, finding a ultra modern mall in the middle of the city (which would give tough competition to the one's in Bangalore, Pune or Mumbai) or to be able to watch a good Hindi movie in Chennai.

I have tried to describe my quest to find a peaceful life through the following words.

" Here is a man who goes places,
in search of peace and comfort corners
Ends up looking everywhere
Only to be found here and there !!
Until he realized what he seeks
perhaps to be with his family & friends is what he needs!!

So he embarks on a journey to seek happiness
With tons of hope, dreams and expectations.
Plenty of options it was difficult for him to choose
Was like opting to follow a flock of geese or just a goose.
Until he realized what he seeks
perhaps to be with his family & friends is what he needs!!

His search didn't go in vain
As he found his abode without much pain.
At last he got what he needed,
much better it happened when it mattered.
Good that he realized what he sought
To be with his family would always be his thought !!

(Sabareesan Sankaran)


Please shower your views in the form of comments and help me in understanding many things in Life better !!


No comments:

Post a Comment